Contracts and Proposals Manager
Cmed Group (United States)
Vacancy published on February 22, 2017
Cmed occupies a unique position in the clinical research industry, not only as an expert in the operational delivery of clinical trials but also as a developer of its own technologies for managing clinical data. Over the last 16 years this has included Timeaus® and now encapsia™, a new game changing Cloud based Clinical Data Suite.
This is a very exciting time to join Cmed, as we start to leverage our already considerable expertise in the delivery of clinical trials with encapsia™. This unique combination of operational expertise and the latest technology, helps reduce the costs and increase the speed of developing new medicines, essential to both improving and saving the lives of patients.
The Contracts and Proposal department at Cmed is looking for an experienced Contracts and Proposals Manager to lead our operational teams in developing high-quality, strategic proposals to win new business and to help drive our current portfolio to success by managing complex contracts and budgets.
- Work with Subject Matter Experts (“SMEs”) and senior management in CRO Operations, Technology and Business Operations to prepare documentation for confidentiality agreements, proposals, contracts and change orders
- Manage the proposal or change order process, setting timelines for completion including critical path interim milestones and accountabilities, and contingencies in the event these milestones are not achieved. Proactively escalate issues and /or propose solutions in order to meet target delivery dates
- Use technical and creative writing skills to ensure documentation clearly articulates Cmed attributes, service offerings and contractual limitations
- Use commercial/fiscal skills to develop budgets that match the service offering included in the proposal or change order. Includes ensuring contained costs are accurate and justifiable
- Liaise, directly or indirectly, with clients to revise proposals and negotiate contracts and change orders as requested
- Work directly with vendors to request and review quotations and integrate into proposals and contracts
Qualifications and attributes:
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Excellent communication skills
- 2+ years’ experience in a CRO, pharma/biotech outsourcing or software company in a similar role
- Key attributes: Detail oriented, innovative, client-focused, sense of urgency, ability to prioritize multiple projects and deliverables with competing deadlines, ability to integrate large volumes of information from multiple and diverse sources and ask relevant questions
What we offer:
- Creative and innovative environment
- Competitive Compenstation and Benefits Package
- Remote employment considered
If you want to make a real difference in clinical research and are interested in talking with us about the great opportunities at Cmed, please apply here and submit your full CV for consideration.
Thank you for applying
View more jobs