Spotlight: Game changing innovation
Written by Cmed
Cmed Puts the Spotlight on ‘Game-Changing’ Innovation for Clinical Trials
DURHAM, NC — May 13, 2016 Cmed, an innovative, full service technology-led CRO, together with life science consultancy Proventa International, hosted its Innovation Spotlight Session on May 12, in Princeton, New Jersey. Industry thought leaders and executives from medium to large biopharma companies from across the region enjoyed a full day of informative and stimulating roundtable discussions around the theme “Technology Possibilities: Challenging today’s approaches to address the future needs of clinical trials”.
Cmed’s CEO, Dr. David Connelly, kicked off the symposia with a keynote presentation on shifting the paradigm in clinical trials. This was followed by facilitated, open discussions where attendees were able to candidly share their views, share ideas, be provocative and explore game-changing technology, strategies and approaches to revolutionize clinical trials.
Highlights of the day included:
- The impact of RBM: perceptions and truth, chaired by Patrick Zbsyzewski, Executive Director Data Management at Onconova
- Data here, there and everywhere, chaired by Athula Herath, Global Head of Real-world Evidence Epidemiology at Novartis
- Best practices for integrating eDC, IRT and other data collection systems, chaired by Eric Mortensen, Vice President Clinical Sciences at Pfizer
- How to stay engaged with patients using social media and wearable technologies, chaired by Nina Spiller, Vice President, Clinical Management at Otsuka
- Imagine the possibilities: Revising the way clinical trials can be conducted, chaired by Graham Belgrave, Chief Operations Officer at Cmed
In the final session of the day, attendees were given a live demonstration of Cmed’s new generation Clinical Data Suite, called Encapsia, which streamlines the capture, management and reporting of clinical trial data beyond what is currently possible. It offers integrated, multiple ways for data capture, including eSource, multi-media capture via an iPad and web eDC, saving monitoring time and costs, while being displayed in live visual insights and providing live analytics. Observations and issues can be highlighted, actioned, discussed, tracked and audit trailed from within Encapsia.
For further information or to schedule a demo of Encapsia, contact Cmed’s innovations team at firstname.lastname@example.org.